iphone sim in new iPad lte

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
United States
ok so i have an iPhone 4s att, i already am paying a lot of money per month on a data plan. I want the speed of 4g let but do not want to have 2 data plans.

I'm pretty sure the the sim will work in the new iPad wether att or verizon (not sure of the latter) but will it be 4g let or will it be limited to hspa+ thnk you for your input

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
ok so i have an iPhone 4s att, i already am paying a lot of money per month on a data plan. I want the speed of 4g let but do not want to have 2 data plans.

I'm pretty sure the the sim will work in the new iPad wether att or verizon (not sure of the latter) but will it be 4g let or will it be limited to hspa+ thnk you for your input
HSPA+ is 4G, so yes.

If you are asking whether it will let you do 4G LTE, probably not.

J4B3

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Gamma Quadrant
I too was wondering this. I almost had my mind completely set on buying the Verizon LTE iPad because of the better coverage and option to use my AT&T iPhone 4s SIM if needed. However, if the AT&T LTE iPad allowed for LTE speeds using an iPhone 4s SIM it would make my decision much more difficult.

...headache:confused:

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Ok to start off Hspa+ is not 4g it is faux g I am wondering if lte will work

Second I am wondering if I should buy the Verizon iPad because it will give you very fast 4g coverage when you want to pay for it andnifnyou cloud pop your sim in then even faster

So I am wondering if it will work at full lte thanks for the replies