Iphone SIM in Nokia N95?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aphexacid, Jan 26, 2008.

1. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before, but i just can't seem to find any good info by searching.

I have an iphone, and i just ordered an N95. I found that you will have no problems putting your sim from your iphone in any phone to using phone service. but i cant seem to get any concrete info on weather i will be able to use the edge data on the N95. i dont want to get hit with any nasty charges.

i really appreciate the info!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I took my iPhone sim out of my iPhone and put it in my old KRZR, and it worked and i never saw any extra charges, so you should be fine. Maybe try it at the end of your monthly bill cycle, and see if it shows up on your bill; just to be safe.

3. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Im talking about the data part though. is that what you mean? you used the internet on your krzr with you iphones SIM and you didnt see any additional charges?

thanks for the reply!

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yes i meant that, and no i didn't see any extra chargers.

5. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

awesome! thanks so much for the reply. now i cant wait for my N95 to come in, i'll have the best of both worlds!

6. tnt335 macrumors newbie

Help

I just did that today (swap the sim from iphone N95) and i can't seem to get the internet to work. It only gave me 3 access point choices 1. find wifi 2. cingular mms 3. mediaNet. Please advice

7. Supersonic macrumors regular

Sorry to drag this thread back from beyond the beginning of time...!

This has quite a relevance for using tethering, as everyone wants s slice of your wallet for hooking your iPhone up to your laptop, if you had another phone, such as a N95 or whatever, swapping your 3GS SIM card back into the Nokia, which is so easy to tether makes a lot of financial sense...

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

This thread highlights the fact regarding SIM cards that seems to cause most confusion.

The SIM card has no connection with any particular phone. It simply contains details such as the phone number, details of the contract and in some cases, stored phone numbers etc. Therefore, a SIM card can be used in any phone, subjuct to the phone's limitations.

9. Lhendrick macrumors newbie

back from the dead, I just wanted to say that I am using the iphone sim in my n95 so that I can tether my laptops and even my iPad.