iphone SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by karenspalmtree, Dec 23, 2010.

1. karenspalmtree macrumors newbie

I have an original iphone and Im on a prepaid go phone account. My iphone just died on me and I want to buy a used iphone 3g. If I put my SIM card from my original iphone in the used 3g will I still have the same account? The same prepaid?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes.

3. karenspalmtree thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Now do I have to call AT&T and notify them of anything?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Nope. If the card is still active, everything will work just as it was.

5. karenspalmtree thread starter macrumors newbie

More iphone problems

OK as I mentioned my original iphone went out, or was stuck in restore mode and unable to be fixed according to 2 shops. OK so I go and buy another iphone from a guy and on the way home it worked fine, just wanted to go home and restore it, right? Wrong! I attempt to restore it and it goes into the same mode my original iphone goes into, stuck in restore! Now I have 2 iphones that are stuck in restore mode!! Figuring at this point its my itunes, so I uninstall it and reinstall it. Ive tried many times to restore but it doesnt change! Ive attempted DFU mode many times, doesnt change it. Why is this happening on BOTH phones? Ones an original and the other is a 3GS. Neither are jailbroken or unlocked but that has nothing to do with it. I cannot understand this at all. Im on windows xp and updated with itunes to 10 or the lastest. I wanted to video record my family this morning and baby's first CHristmas but am not able to now : ((((

6. jamaggic macrumors member

backup ur problem

you probably have something bad on the backup,,, download Tinyumbrella
    on ur PC, plug in iphone (make sure itunes is not open) wait for tinyumbrella to recognize and click "exit recovery"
    worked for me, hope it works for u

7. karenspalmtree thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, didnt work at all. : ( Amazing, I have two iphones in this same situation. Only me.