iPhone Simulator - Rotate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulobrad, Mar 7, 2008.

1. paulobrad macrumors regular

How do you rotate the iPhone in the simulator? I have the option in the hardware menu but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also - with the free SDK and no $99 can I not get *any* of the apps on the iPhone itself, so it's normal for it to say no phone detected when I click build and "device" is selected, even though it is connected?

Cheers

2. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

It only works in the supported apps like Safari.

3. dr_lha macrumors 68000

I don't believe that you will be able to install apps on the iPhone with the beta SDK just yet, it only seems to be able to run stuff on the iPhone simulator.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

With the simulator it's up in the menu somewhere. One of the option/ctrl/alt type keys and left or right on the keyboard.

I don't think you will ever be able to compile and run on the iPhone without paying the $99/year. Right now when you try to compile and run on the iPhone with the beta it throws an error saying you don't have a license for doing that in your keychain.

5. paulobrad thread starter macrumors regular

I realise this but with the demo apps on the ADC site it doesn't say that - it says iPhone not connected, even though it is, is this the same issue that we'll need to pay the $99?