Iphone sits on Apple Screen when resetting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mojoe24, Jan 23, 2010.

1. mojoe24 macrumors regular

Whenever I reset it just sits on the apple screen. If I plug it into a computer it loads up. I know I don't have a tethered bootrom though. If I turn it off and leave it for a while and then try starting it again it seems to work fine again or when I go through SBSettings to reset.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

what do you mean by "resetting"? theres hard resets, soft resets, homescreen resets, network resets, setting resets, etc. please elaborate.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not nearly enough info...

iPhone type ? (2G, 3G or 3GS)
    Firmware version ? (3.1.x)
    Baseband ? (4.26.xx or 5.11.xx)
    Jailbroken ? JB by what tool ?
    Unlocked ? Unlocked by what tool ?

4. mojoe24 thread starter macrumors regular

It's an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2. Unlocked it using blackrain. Didn't unlock it and I don't know the baseband. Also, I meant hard reseting. Holding home/sleep.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you are sure your 3GS doesn't have the new bootrom, then I would guess it's a bad jailbreak.

Restore to official Apple IPSW then re-JB.

As an alternative to Blackra1n, Redsn0w 0.9 (beta) and Sn0wBreeze (can't believe I typed that) are also options.

6. mojoe24 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm positive. I made sure I didn't have a tethered jailbreak before I jailbroke the iphone. And I'd imagine that it wouldn't only happen when restarting. It seems to start fine when using SBSettings to restart. Only problem comes up when I need to hard reset.

7. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

So is it locking up when you press the hold/power button or when you do a hard restart of the phone itself?

If you are then you probably have a tethered 3GS or some sort of weird jailbreak problem.

8. troyhouse macrumors 6502

only thing we need to know is bootrom or iboot version, if it is 359.3.2 then it is tethered jb... post the version.