Iphone situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by method84, Jun 7, 2008.

1. method84 macrumors member

hey all, a friend of mine informed me today of this new 3g iphone. Well last thursday I purchased a 8gb iphone, a 2 year contract w/ AT&T and now im confused as to what I should do. I realize I have 14 days to return my iphone which I bought at AT&T and I have 30 days to off my contract. Should I return just the phone or break the contract and return the phone in anticipation of the new iphone? and if I wait until monday and this all pans out will AT&T break my stones about this supposed rebate on the purchase of the new 3g and will they let me break the contract and return the phone if this is truly the case? Thanks for the help awsome site you got going on here

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Wait until Monday to see what happens before you make any decisions.

3. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

I would wait until Monday although it seems nearly certain that there's going to be the 3G iPhone. However, if there is a subsidy, I am not sure that you're going to be able to get the new one at the lower price. Is the account new or existing? If new, just cancel the whole thing out and start fresh when the new phone is released. If an existing account, beg for mercy?

4. method84 thread starter macrumors member

this is a brand new account I purchased the phone and contract last thursday. The kicker is that I even asked the AT&T sales rep if there was a new iphone in the works or if it was just a rumor. I should of looked a little better into the whole thing but I just had to get the iphone :) I love it but if theres a new one coming out at the end of the month I want it ;)

5. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

It should be announced Monday and available for sale within a week or so (seeing as how Apple has no stock left of the old iPhone). Don't get to used to that number. If they announce it on Monday, I would pretend like the whole thing never happened and cancel the account. Then go to the store and get the new phone/new account once it is out!

Good luck!