iPhone Six Plus landscape users sound off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oppressed, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

How many iPhone six plus users are using their phones the majority of the time in landscape mode now?

What are your favorite features of landscape mode?

Personally I have to the point that using it in portrait mode is awkward.

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I was debating on which one I should get and playing around with it more in the apple store finally gave me more insight in how spacious the display is in landscape mode. It was kinda the selling point in my mind. I prefer landscape mode when checking email on my mini bc I think the preview w email list is the most convenient way to go through sales spam, which I enjoy :)

Viewing safari was also like a dream on the plus. I would rather be able to open extra tabs in one window than multiple windows to have to switch between. Is there an option to open tabs on the 6 in safari?

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Yes, the extra tabs on the plus in landscape is a lot like the iPad. Really makes browsing much easier. :)

4. macblitz macrumors member

macblitz

I don't like it but still trying to get used to it.

typing is difficult since it is so wide.

Safari is weird, hit the bookmark button, select the link to visit, the bookmark space is still there and doesn't disappear. so I have to hit the bookmark button again. very annoying.

In safari, trying to go back a page requires swiping from left to right. not that easy to swipe left to right as compared to holding the phone vertical.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I don't often text in landscape but Safari is sweet in it! :)

:apple:

6. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

Use mine in landscape mode quit often when browsing in safari. Email and massaging still feel a little off to me for some reason in landscape mode.