iPhone Six Plus sleeve with card slots?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Oppressed, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Has anyone come across an iPhone Six Plus leather sleeve that has card slots on the front and/or back of it so it can be used as a wallet? I'm not looking for a folio style or clip on style case, but a sleeve to use the iPhone naked.

2. DEG1 macrumors member

I had an iconic edge card version for IP5. It would only hold maybe 3 cards comfortably. Held up well for 2 years and kept a nice snug fit. Was a bit pricey. It did get a little old having to remove the phone from the sleeve several times a day. It did protect the phone nicely, but didn't accommodate carrying cash. The better solution for me has been to abandon the sleeve and just use a money clip/mini wallet in the front pocket and a slim case for the phone slipped into the back pocket. A lot more practical for me overall. Best of luck with your choice.

3. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

4. Oppressed thread starter macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Thank you that's a good start, but who has only two cards? With so much surface area on the six plus you would think they would put at least three slots on each side.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Search in this forum and you'll see lots more choices. One that I am eyeballing is from Pack & Smooch. Long delivery, though, from Germany.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

For a more budget pick, I'd say Pack & Smooch. If you wanna spend a lot but for good quality and individual card slots, Portel is also good.

7. Devlonc macrumors member

8. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Take a look at the dodo case durable wallet. You have space for cards in both sides of the wallet.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Portel has a cool, distressed look.

10. mobilebuddha macrumors regular

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...sorry to burst your 'bubble' as you are obviously happy with your Vault Slim Wallet case - which ONLY holds 3 cards!

HOWEVER.

If you see this case : Safe Wallet case by Bullet Train on Kickstarter - this case is one awsome case ( I am a backer!)

It can hold 3 times the amount that the Vault can carry, but the safe case is slimmer, and is not open at the side (like the Vault case is - meaning that when you talk on the phone, peolple can see the cards in the back of the phone. Not goood!)

Check it out....!!!

:cool::cool:

12. puma1552 macrumors 601

That's a great idea, with two exceptions - wish it looked a little better, and can't understand why the back of the phone is open to the money section - wouldn't really bulk the case up to have a 0.5 mm thick barrier between the phone and the backside - the way it currently is just invites crap to get into there and scratch your phone.

13. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

Looks very nice, but... it may just be a guess but I feel like the "thinness" of the case is deceiving. Bet it's much bulkier than it looks in the video when you actually see it in person. Maybe I'm wrong though?

14. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

15. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

....you are wrong!! The 'thinness' is exactly as it shows in the link! I had the iPhone 5 versions is it was an awsome case - truly thin considering it could hold more than 5 cards!!

16. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Waiting for someone to make the obvious comments:

- why would you want to carry your phone and cards together so if one gets stolen they both get stolen?

- who carries credit cards anymore with apple pay?

LOL

17. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

...there is a flip side to that argument.

- If you carry your cards together with your iPhone and it gets lost, you can use 'Find My iPhone' to find out where they are and possible retrieve them. Thats impossible with a wallet - if you lose it, its gone FOREVER. No chance of retrieval.

- Apple Pay is not live here in the UK so there is plenty need to still carry cards.

:cool:

18. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

LOL, touche

But then again the first thing I do when cards\phone get stolen\lost is call my credit card company and phone company and have them turned off... not try and track down the thief.

19. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I prefer keeping them separate (especially when travelling):
    • Lose your cards --> Use your phone to make it all better.
    • Lose your phone --> Use your cards to make it all better.
    • Lose both ---> :eek:

20. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

Might have to seriously consider this in that case. Thanks!

21. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F