iPhone Size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkW19, Jul 2, 2007.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I know what the physical dimensions are, it's quite a bit taller than my current phone (iMate Jam PocketPC), a bit wider, and a good bit thinner.

It does look quite big to hold in pictures and stuff - but I've read that it feels smaller, thinner, and lighter than you'd expect it to do when you ACTUALLY get it in your hand.

So here's the question - does the iPhone feel particularly large, or is it just right?

2. beate macrumors regular

Feels good to me and I'm used to the razr which is much smaller.
    ...and I'm a girl.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

4. szark macrumors 68030

szark

It doesn't feel large at all -- it feels just the right size to me.

5. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

It's great for me. I had an LG Fusic which was rather thick. The iPhone is bigger of course... but it's thinness and sleekness totally wins me over.

6. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

I love the feel of it. Thin and slightly heavy.

7. .vin. macrumors member

I think it's perfect, especially the height to width ratio. It's actually the same exact weight and width as the 30GB iPod Video. Slighly taller, and unnoticeably thicker.

8. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I was trying to see what the size/weight was like at the Apple store, but since they're hooked up it's hard to tell there.

Finally tried my friend's iPhone, and I have to say it's a great size/weight. Did the "pocket test" too, and it's perfect. Damn, I want one. :(

9. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I must admit with it being thin, the thickness is going to make perhaps the most different.

Cheers for the replies - sounds promising. Can't wait for it to come to the UK! :D

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I think its TOO thin. It is well built, but for some reason I hesitate to grab it firmly and have almost dropped it in a couple of ocassions because of that. Coming from a Treo 650, this is definitely thin. I'm getting used to it now - I held the Treo 650 for old times sake today and it felt fat, ugly and chunky. And I remember when the Treo was IT.