Other iPhone SJE (Steve Jobs Edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MCHS2001, May 20, 2019.

1. MCHS2001 macrumors newbie

MCHS2001

It is possible to create an iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 with all the power and features of the iPhone 8? Call it the Steve Jobs Edition. I would pay $1000+ for this phone. I will never buy a huge $1000 gesture based iPhone. Can the 8’s 3D Touch, 2nd gen Touch ID, haptic engine, 256 GB memory, 2 GB ram, and iPhone 8 level Bluetooth and modems be scaled into a 4 or 5 body? This feat would be a legitimate excuse for no headphone jack.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

3. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

I would buy a SJE but it would need to be a plus sized phone.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Scaling and implementing are two different things. Can some of those features be implemented into a 4 inch iPhone? Yes, The whole reason Apple didn’t include those features was to keep that phone cheaper. What you’re asking for is something likely the general market isn’t interested in with a 4 inch iPhone with all those features, even though I see the attraction and so do others On here, Apple doesn’t, because the consumer market has spoken that they like larger phones with more battery life.

5. SalisburySam macrumors member

SalisburySam

I think the closest you’re going to get is the iPhoneSE, which isn’t a bad iPhone and does have lots of the features you mention. But it isn’t an 8...yet.