iPhone skips songs during Shuffle--What the hell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neoelectronaut, Nov 10, 2010.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Whenever I played "All Songs" on shuffle, my iPhone randomly skips tracks. Album art will slide in, then immediately slide out as a new song pops up. Sometimes this will even happen 2 or 3 times in a row.

It's not only while on shuffle. I was playing an album earlier and it skipped from track 3 to like track 10 all in one jump.

And then it even will occasionally attempt to play a track, but the shuttle will just sit at the end of the track and refuse to play, as if the song had played but doesn't move to the next track.

I've never had any problems with music not playing in iTunes, and my old iPod Touch running 2.x.x showed no problems whatsoever.

So does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what the hell is going on here? I can shoot some video of the iPhone exhibiting the issue if I need to.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. And no it is not shake to shuffle, since that seems to be a popular solution whenever I google search this issue.

2. bharkness macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem (and no, it's not shake to shuffle). Songs will randomly skip, but if I go directly to the song it plays fine. Not sure if it's related, but this started today after I updated to 4.2.

3. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

I really hope this won't be an issue with iOS 4.3 - I find it very annoying.

4. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I have this problem on my 3G running 3.1.3 so seems quite old problem.It cuts the song short and goes to the next and like others have stated will jump tracks on an album.Would like to know why if possible :confused:

5. SDP81 macrumors newbie

iPhone skips songs

Guys any luck with this? It is really annoying this skipping songs thing.

I ve read in other blogs that it might have to do with specific apps that interfere with the functioning of the suffling and result into songs skipping.

Any update on this one?

6. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

This likely won't be much help, but the only time I ever had this problem was when I had shake to shuffle on -- I've kept it turned off since and never had the issue again.