iPhone sleep habits unknown to newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by el.jeffe58, May 5, 2011.

1. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Hi. I am new to iPhone, an Android expat. I bought it two days ago, upgraded it today to 4.3.3. It was a breeze. Love this over Android any day! All the kudos aside, I am confused about sleep. I have two apps that I use continually at times. Battery Magic and Alarm Clock.

Battery Magic has a screensaver-like feature that shows you how much time is left until it is fully charged. And, it stays on until it does without iPhone going into "standby/sleep"? It alerts me when she is done and viola.

Alarm Clock has a beautiful display to lull you to sleep, even a flashlight for night panic attacks (joke, not so funny either), but the display goes away when iPhone zzz's.

Is the app or the phone I don't have configured properly? I am not able to find a solution yet.

Thank you for reading and love being here instead of the Android forum.

Jeffrey

Attached Files:

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

In settings you can set it so it never goes to sleep. However, that eats up a lot of battery. Do you have it plugged in at night?

3. el.jeffe58 thread starter macrumors member

el.jeffe58

Thanks for the response! I prolly should email the developer to find out what the story is but to answer you, I do not plug in overnight and would you mind telling me where the heck in the settings that setting is. I know it is crazy but I don't see it.

Thanks again!

4. el.jeffe58 thread starter macrumors member

el.jeffe58

I see the Alarm Clock app does, in fact, have an auto-lock option for both battery and charger! Renews my faith in the developer! :confused: Silly mind I have sometimes.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Glad you were able to get some clarification, with regards to the app.
    Auto lock is under General or something similar. As mentioned before, battery drains quickly without the lock. If you care about that, plug it in lest you wake up to a drained phone.
    Anyway you should probably get to know your phone by finding where the different areas in the settings menu lead to. Trust me, this is really useful.