iPhone Sleep/Wake Button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TaKeN, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TaKeN macrumors newbie

Sorta' new to the forums so I'm hoping that someone could help me out a bit, It'd be appreciated.

--So I finally gave in and bought an iPhone a(iPhone 3GS 16GB, Black). I've only had it for about a month or so and all was working fine, Until about three days ago when the Sleep/Wake button didn't want to work. After reading other threads/post I've noticed that some buttons are not flush with the phone, Etc. My button does seem to wiggle a bit and is also not flush with the phone. I know with Apple Care I can take it back, and get an exchange, But this is where my second problem seems to begin.
    --
    (I read a post, where someone had a similar problem as me, and they took it in to get a replacement and the "Genius" said their water indicator was tripped)
    So I took a glace at mine, The Earphone jack was white as a pearl, But when looking at the one below the dock connector, I saw a little pink in the bottom left of the "circle". The phone is only a MONTH old and has NEVER been exposed to any conditions that would make it change color. It's not even been in the bathrom when taking a shower. If I could think of one, It's the first day I got the phone, and a little bit of "dew frost" was on the charger(shipped via overnight mail, It was cold outside), and I plugged it in. But could that have tripped it?

I know when taking a(n) product to the Apple Store(Genius Bar) or sending it in, They will check these sensors, So I was wondering how picky would they be, If they see ANY SIGN of red/pink on it will they totally void the warranty? Or does the whole thing have to change color?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Normally they are very strict, but its worth a try. You might get a 'nice' genius.

3. TaKeN thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured they would be, This is the 1st "major" problem I've had with any of my :apple: products, So I've never really had to go to the Genius Bar. But thanks for the info. Maybe I'll be able to find one who is having a good day. :rolleyes:

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'm sure they will have sympathy. I can't imagine them turning you away for only a partially activated sticker sensor. I wouldn't worry about it. You can make your appointment here.