iphone slider

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Apr 23, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

On the new iphone I would like to see a ipod classic or nano style hold slider to put the phone on silent. On a daily basis in class I accidentally bump the switch (which is very easy) and It goes off when I get a txt and it is getting irratating.

What does everyone else think about this idea, and how could I sugest this to apple.. Guessing its to late if they havent already changed that.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Your switch must be loose... Mine stays on whatever mode I put it on. It actually takes a little more force than just accidentally hitting it. I would get an exchange if I were you.

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Its used to I can't, but I don't think it is loose, It happens when I put it in my pocket. And personally I think it would look better if it was a slider then even when vibrate is on or off it will be inline with virbrate or speaker

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I think it must be loose. I carry my phone with me all day at work and I'm always moving around, never sit down and it never switches on/off...

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I had the same problem. I would put it in my pocket and it would go from vibrate to regular. Annoyed me and I got a replacement.

6. Set Abominae macrumors newbie

perhaps an easier solution would be to turn off your phone in class :rolleyes:

7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Having to turn a phone (or any device) off because the silent switch doesn't work is not a good solution.

Imagine having to turn your laptop off if you wanted to put it on mute....

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If, as you say, "it's getting irritating" it may not be such a bad idea after all - the lesser of two evils :)

9. Set Abominae macrumors newbie

I'm fully aware that it is not a good solution my point was the op should not have his phone on in class to begin with

10. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Or just mute your text noise

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I think a slider and a more boxy appearance would be pretty slick. Or maybe even a little nub like the lock switch on the new nanos.

12. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

you replaced your iPhone because it wouldn't stay on silent.......

13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Yeah.. why the hell are you so shocked? The switch was defective.

Say I put it on vibrate and I set it on my table, it would vibrate for like 3 seconds.

If I put it in my pocket, it would vibrate randomly while I'm moving.... I would check to see if there was a text... nope, email? nope. That was annoying, and then sometimes I would be in class and the ringer would go off.

Now what..?

14. wfiphone macrumors member

Just throw it away and get something else. you can send it to the "will it blend" guy on youtube

15. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

i have the same problem as the OP and judging the way he works in class isn't the problem in discussion. I also have a lame ringer silent switch. I don't use my phone in class but like to know if i get a important txt or email or call.

Funny story: i had just changed my ringtone to "hamster on a piano" it went off in class and i got some funny looks, then laughter.

16. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

now what? are you serious.

anyways you could have just made a silent ringtone for everything.

17. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's a pretty crappy work-around. He was right by getting a replacement. The iPhone shouldn't be that loose. My iPhone never switches to silent by accident.