iPhone sliding very easily

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BurntOrangeMac, Jul 12, 2010.

1. BurntOrangeMac macrumors newbie

I kept reading that people were experiencing the iPhone sliding off a counter or table by itself.

The glass on the back of the phone makes it very easy for the phone to slide on hard surfaces. The chair I was sitting in was slanted a bit, but the phone moves a lot.

See video below which shows the phone moving on its own and picture demonstrating the angle of the chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H64cEE5ge_I

[​IMG]

2. BurntOrangeMac thread starter macrumors newbie

I am the only one who thinks this is strange/dangerous for the phone?

3. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

you might have bigger problems than a moving phone.

your house might be possessed, try that on a ouija board. :eek:

4. spicoli macrumors member

I am experiencing the same effect. I always lie the phone on the couch next to where I am sitting. We have a four year old leather couch. My old 3GS never moved. Since I have had the iPhone4, it has fallen off of the couch four times. At first, I thought I was going crazy. Then I watched it closely for about three minutes and I could literally see it sliding - at a very shallow angle. I have now purchased a case to protect it as I know if I don't break it by dropping it, it may break sliding off of some table, desk, or couch. I can't say it is a flaw, just different than I am used to. I have modified by behavior and it is no longer an issue for me. I guess the main is be aware of this condition and modify behavior.

5. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

there have been a lot of threads on this, i suggest getting a case to crate some friction between that perfectly smooth glass back and whatever surface you are putting it on

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Dust off the original iPhone dock and use it.

I do notice it's easier to slide off the sofa, but it actually slides less in your hand than the original iPhone with aluminum back. Put it on a flat palm and shake it back and forth. It won't slide (same with the 3G/3GS with plastic back) whereas the original iPhone will.