iPhone slipped out of my pocket...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eminemdrdre00, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Bottom right corner of the screen cracked...=( FML. I was lazy and didnt put it back into the case after my phone call. And since the case was in my pocket, the phone didnt go in all the way, slipped out behind me and BAM! Face down. It still works, only about a half inch is cracked on the bottom right iPod icon (the rest is below the touchscreen). I guess I'll be upgrading to the new iPhone in June whether I wanted to or not! =\ Anyone else been in my shoes?

EDIT: Pics! Sorry my camera is terrible, couldnt really get a good shot. The good thing is, I did an eBay search, and iPhones with cracks much larger than mine are going for over $200!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Yup. I smashed my phone screen 6 months ago and had to buy a new one. It sucked ass and I had to buy a new phone.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Legolai macrumors member

a friend of mine bought a 3G after ogling mine for weeks, got it on ebay on pay as you go, had it 4 hours and he dropped it, cracked right down the screen diagonally from corner to corner, one of the few times ive seen a grown man cry...

5. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

6. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

7. Soccercbr13 macrumors newbie

i dropped mine a few months ago right after i got it and i paid 350 for the replacement. but if it happened now i would pay 40 bucks for a new screen at pdaparts.com and try to replace it myself. the guy at the genius bar said if i tried to fix it myself and failed it would be the same price even if it was in more than one piece. would rather pay 40 bucks and atleast try it and save alot

8. cap'njack macrumors member

What a great way of looking at it!!

9. efice32 macrumors 6502

if the crack doesn't bother you visually, slap a screen protector on it and just keep it....save your money for the new one this summer