iPhone Slowdown?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProwlingTiger, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Is it normal for the speed of the iPhone/iOS5 to be somewhat slow as the amount of free space decreases? For example: When playing a song in the iPod app, I'll change apps, then go back the iPod app, but the app takes about 1-2 seconds to update. Sometimes it will still show a song I had played before the current one. Also, when I lock the screen, if I've been using it a lot, it takes a couple seconds to here the lock noise.

Details:
    iPhone 4, 16GB
    1.5GB free space
    iOS 5.1.1

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

First thing to try would be to double-click the home button, hold down one of the apps that appear, and tap the X to quit all your running apps. This should free up RAM and hopefully speed things up.

3. cynics macrumors G3

Could try to reboot the phone too (hold power + home until the apple logo pops up, takes like 10 seconds)

4. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I've rebooted many times, hold+power also, since I don't know when. It always happens. Also, for what it's worth, I just got my free space up to 8GB and still...

Even when I unlock the screen, the time in the menu info bar at the top of the screen takes a second to appear. I know, it's not a long time, but I never noticed this on my 3GS or on the 4 when I first go it.

Should I wipe + restore?

Thanks,
    Dan

5. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Since its iPhone 4 I think it's hardware not software. Older phones traditionally slow down with every new update apple releases

6. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I don't think iOS5 was supposed to slowdown the iPhone4...not like this, anyway.

7. MacFly69 macrumors regular

i too am having the same irritating issue. tempted to upgrade to the iP4s, but with the new iP5 coming within several months...i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

8. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I can't upgrade something that I feel should be working fine. I don't know, but it feels as if it just got cluttered with something and needs a good washing (wipe+restore). I may try that tomorrow.