iphone slowly died

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hellbent, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hellbent macrumors newbie

so about last week i noticed that my iphones touch screen was starting to not work. The left side of the screen became unresponsive to touch. I never did anything about this, but earlier today the whole screen stopped working. It still showed everything, but i just couldnt do anything, i even received a call at this time, but i couldnt answer it because of the screen. I then plugged it in to a charged and held the two buttons until it turned off. Now when you turn it on it will show the apple logo for about 20 seconds and then turn off again. When i connect it to my computer it will not show up in itunes unless i hold down the home button first. Once i do that it will try to restore it and then say that it cant be restored and then turn back off. I have also tried the trick of changing users and all of that. Any ideas of what i could do?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you need to get the digitizer replaced.

You could try a DFU restore, but it doesn't sound like it's software-related.