iPhone - Slowly tempting...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Krafty, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Well, I was going to get the iPhone when it came out but didnt know that you HAD to have a certain plan, so I held off. I also txt a lot, so I got the LG enV for that, but now.... I dont know, I was kinda thinking about getting one.

I guess one reason would be cause I have a touch and a cell phone, and it would be easier to carry a 2-in-1 gadget rather than both separate. (Cause I have enough crap to carry to college everyday).

My mom has AT&T and I switched back to Verizon. So my thought was if anything i would want to unlock it, but would it be cheaper for my mom to purchase it? Or would she have to put a plan on it? I figured if so, I could sell the touch and give her that money. I had the LG for almost a year, so im not a cell phone craze.

So is it worth it or should I wait?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It wouldn't matter if you unlocked it or not, THE iPHONE CANNOT WORK OR VERIZON, SPRINT, OR ALLTEL SINCE THEY USE A DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY. The iPhone FAQ in the Guides answer all these questions. You would be best off by going back to at&t and get the extra SMS plan. The iPhone always costs the same.

TEG

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Ah, didnt notice that. Is there an unlimited text option? Cause after reviewing the plans the only one I saw was for existing customers, and it was like 60-70 bucks a month.

4. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

Unlimited texting is $20 on top of the plan you select if it's an individual plan. I have the 2100 minute family plan plus family unlimited text. The plan is $149 plus $30 for family text. All plans already include the iPhone unlimited data.

5. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Alright then nevermind.

6. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

Yep that's the biggest problem with the iphone - how expensive it is to text.

I really want to get one- but it's tough to pay that when for $59 on tmobile I get 1,000 minutes and unlimited text.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I had a touch and a V3C. The iPhone is so much greater. However, with rollover, the minutes w/ Verizon customers really doesn't matter. But $20 texting isn't cheap, but neither is Verizon's texting options (when I left they didn't have unlimited texting)