iPhone iPhone slows down wifi a lot

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by -mattias-, Nov 9, 2014.

1. -mattias- macrumors member

Hello all,

I got an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1, and it jailbroken. My wifi at home have been very slow the last day or so. I found out it's every time my iPhone is connected to my wifi. Have taken speedtests, and it shows I have 8.4 mbit without my iPhone connected. With my iPhone connected it goes down to 0.6 mbit. I'm not downloading anything from my iPhone, and I have tried restarting both my iPhone and router with no result.

How can this be and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

2. r-m macrumors 6502a

Is there a tool available on Cydia that shows Wi-Fi data transfer?
    Maybe look for one, to see if there is actually a lot of upload/download happening on your iPhone.

3. -mattias- thread starter macrumors member

Have searched, but haven't found any.

Should be said, that both my Mac and PlayStation 3 get's very slow when my iPhone is connected. Also, I reset my Location and Privacy settings 2 days ago. It may be after I did that, my network started getting slow.

4. GoSh4rks macrumors 6502

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

under settngs > privacy > location services > system services > turn off Wifi networking

6. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

It is a known bug in 8.1 especially if you are running a 5 ghz router. I had the same problem on my dual band router with my iPhone 6. I switched back to my 2.4 ghz router and the slowdown is not as bad. With the 5 ghz my speeds were crawling to a stop. With the 2.4 ghz router they go down from 25-30 Mbps down to about 15-17 Mbps down.

We need to wait for apple to fix the bug in a future release. Hopefully 8.1.1 will take care of it.

7. -mattias- thread starter macrumors member

That seems to be working, thanks.