iPhone Sluggish after 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MWPULSE, Feb 6, 2010.

1. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Hey all,
    I had a google, and a further search in here for some info that might be able to help me out, to no avail.

I have been experiencing some issues with the 3.1.3 update which i applied on wednesday/thursday.. whenever it came out.

Basically whatever i try to do, the phone is veeery sloow. I have restored it, n then tried bringing it back with my backup, was very slow and unresponsive with the same kinda symptoms. Slow when flipping through pages, opening up apps, even typing in text fields.

I tried wiping it, n then reinstalling again, it reactivated etc etc all fine. I was about to sync apps n stuff, but cancelled it after a couple of minutes- it takes a while to sync all my apps, i didnt want to waste time etc etc.

After i cancelled the sync. it still proceeded to perform slowly so i am now trying a clean install again, without syncing any apps, just activate the phone. What would peeps recommend if this doesnt work neither? Take it to an apple store get it looked at?

If i do need to get it replaced-faulty chip or such, i never took out Applecare, i did get O2 premium insurance though- covered for more things :)

Cheers in advance
    PTP

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Take it to the Apple Store and have a tech run a diagnostic on it. The problems you are experiencing (and the steps you've already taken in an attempt to address them) suggest a hardware issue.

3. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

I was beginning to think the same.. fun fun. Sommat to do next week then i guess :)

4. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

also, due to me with no applecare, if it is faulty i only got the thing in june 09, so they will take it back right? the only reason i ask, is i bought the phone outright- got a better deal on the contract with O2. Dont particularly wanna be stuck with a busted phone lol!

Cheers
    PTP

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu