iPhone Smart Battery Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jerhen, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Jerhen macrumors regular

I am wondering about the iPhone 6s Smart battery case. I am thinking about getting it but need others opinions. I currently have an iPhone 6s that I have had for about 21 months now. I will be up for a new phone on July 21 of this year but will have to trade this phone in to upgrade early. I’m on a 30 month retail installment. Anyway, battery life has been pretty aweful on my 6s and I am thinking about getting one of apples $29 battery replacements and keeping my phone for longer. If I would get a battery replacement, I think I would wait until closer to the end of this year to get the most out of this phone. What I am thinking about doing is buying a battery case to put on my phone til then and then once I get the battery replaced just use the battery case off and on. Is this kind of a stupid idea/what would you do. I know batteries are still out of stock and don’t really know what my best option would be. Is there anyone out there that has had a Smart battery case on their phone all the time? Is it hard on the battery? Need some opinions.

2. Sven11 Suspended

I'd just buy a cheap portable battery and be done with it.

3. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

I actually have a smart battery case for my 6s but I only use it occasionally on days that I know I’ll be out all day (ex. when I go snowboarding) without a chance to top up. It works really well but it is pricey and not the prettiest. If you haven’t taken advantage of the $29 battery replacement yet I would recommend starting with that though. You can’t walk into an Apple store and get one yet unfortunately, but you can reserve one online on the Apple store and most places it sounds like it is taking a couple weeks for your battery to come in.