Iphone smart connector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iClone, Aug 17, 2016.

1. iClone macrumors regular

Randomly I thought of the possibility of the smart connector on the iPhone and the world it opens up to Smart accessories .

Is it possible that they may release headphones compatible with the smart connector ?

Have they made any interesting accessories for the iPad pros, that utilize the smart connector besides the keyboards ?

2. Bengy66 macrumors regular

I'd bet a nickel it's for a wireless charging pad. I expect payment by 09/23 so I can use it towards the purchase of the $99.99 add on.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I guess anything is possible. But how would you conceivably use the smart connector for wireless headphones?

4. iClone thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see why you would utilize the smart concrete for wireless headphones, Bluetooth would seem like the better option for wireless. I was thinking the smart connector could be used with wired headphones to provide power and audio signal.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The smart connector is not really designed to be used on the go. It is just contacts on the side of the phone. How would you hook headphones to it. It might be good for charging while sitting in a charging stand.

We will all know soon if it even has this feature.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

How would that work either? I feel like this is adding s complicated answer to a problem wenenever even had.