iPhone Smart Cover?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wvanderark, Apr 30, 2011.

1. wvanderark macrumors member

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

In the future maybe. I don't think the iPhone 4 has the magnets. I myself wouldn't use one or even buy it if they made an iPhone smart cover. I bought one for my iPad 2 and i never use it.

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

seems like something that would be very limited in popularity since it would be a nuisance when holding the iphone to your ear during a call while providing little functionality aside from covering the screen.

covering of the screen would only interfere with caller id without providing at least a superior protection capability over current solutions. it also serves no function as a horizontal stand as the keyboard is designed for thumbs unlike the ipad nor would it place the phone anywhere near an optimum position for viewing of videos.

too many negative attributes and no positive attributes that arent already served by current designs that are better engineered. it makes less sense than nipples on a man and a novelty or gag gift at best; the definition of superfluous design.

4. scutts macrumors member

are you a writer? nicely composed... anyways. I second this.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

You mean something similar to those leather sleeves that Blackberry used to ship?

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Wouldn't it probably shift/detach an awful lot in one's pocket? I'd worry about it scratching up the side of the phone.

8. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Think its largely irrelevant. The smartcover for the ipad, while cool, is not exactly filling any of the folks we've deployed IP2s too with confidence in their protection. They all want old school IP1 style cases.

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

it would be cool if it was a system like the blackberry pouches they used. if the phone had the technology in it then it would be up to companies to design something functional and cool.