iPhone smashed, help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LEVENDIZ, Jun 21, 2013.

1. LEVENDIZ macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 that is smashed, the LCD does not function (only emits white screen). Now i have brought a new iPhone that i would like to transfer the data of the smashed one to. Problem is i have never done an iTunes sync/backup with the smashed iPhone and it has a passcode lock on it that i can not enter. Is there an app or way of getting past this problem?

2. ZombieTrev macrumors newbie

Hi mate. If your old phone has a passcode lock on it and has never been backed up, You will need to repair the screen before you can go any further.

You can buy replacement screens with the LCD and digitiser on eBay for around £17.99 and they're not THAT difficult to fit as long as you are patient and organised.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, then a phone repair shop will be able to do it for you but that can be fairly expensive.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, you will need to repair the screen in order to enter the passcode to unlock and then back it up with iTunes.
    Next time hope you plug it to iTunes more often and do backups here and there.

4. LEVENDIZ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, i'll be ordering a LCD asap :)