iPhone SMS Alert... Gone? (After 1.1.3)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eswank, Jan 17, 2008.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

I know I've read something about this the day the update came out but its about the alert number for how many new text messages there are. Let's say I'm watching a movie or surfing Safari, after a new text comes in I hit ignore. Before the update, I would know that I have a new text message waiting but after the update once you hit ignore that specific alert is no existent. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks!

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I read something about this. The ignore button is now a close button and once you close it thats it. It thinks you already read it and does not show the alert. I think this is good for short messages because now you don't have to go back into SMS to clear them out but as far as being a reminder you have a text it sucks.

3. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

Yeah I think we are all hoping for them to fix that.

I guess the only thing you can do is submit it to Apple as a bug...

apple.com/feedback

Anyone also know that when the SMS alert pops up now its all left justified instad of being centered uniformly? I feel like Apple really screwed up the SMS app in the process of adding the multiple SMS. I hope they fix it. Soon.

4. skeen macrumors 6502

I like this feature. Once I've read the SMS in the alert, well...I've read it. I don't always want to reply, and it's highly annoying having to go into the SMS app to open the message I've already read, just to get rid of the persistent notification.

5. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. Lets hope that Apple learns some more and actually adds a third button. So we'll eventually have all three; Reply, Ignore, and Close. :D

6. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I concur; The "x" used to remove WebClips from SpringBoard at the top left or right of the New SMS Alert that replicates "Ignore" functionality would be ideal... C'mon Apple!

7. motomullet macrumors member

Its nice that it now will go directly to the message that you received when you hit view, as before it would just open the sms app and if you were in a convo with someone else, you had to back out and go to the the new message.

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

mine has always done this. if you are talking about on the wake screen that is different. if you grap your phone and slide it right when u get the message it will take u to the sms app. but if u wait a bit and the screen shuts off and then u have to go back in, then it will go to the home screen or whatever u were initially running

9. motomullet macrumors member

Mine goes directly to the message upon waking the phone and unlocking if i have a message waiting, screen on or off. It used to go to the sms app, but not directly to the the message I received, which was annoying.

10. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I think there should be a close, ignore, and reply button.

This would be perfect!!!

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The buttons would be kinda small because of the room available...

Give us ignore and reply and we will be happy.

12. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

not if the buttons were arranged vertically, giving that the iphone is portrait style

13. nebsta macrumors member

As well as the SMS out of order problem, I have just experienced a message alert sound but the iPhone's remained 'sleeping'. I unlocked the phone and there was no message notification but when I go into the SMS app, I did receive a message! Anyone else experienced this?

14. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

im having another SMS problem that JUST started today! first thing in the morning sendind texts was totally fine. but i sent TWO just after leaving college and when i clicked send on both it didnt make the wee "woop" noise but it showed up as being sent, then i didnt get a reply (which i should have)

i dunno if it sent or not :(