iPhone SMS,contacts and photo back up question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lised, Nov 10, 2010.

1. lised macrumors newbie

:confused:I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

For SMS, I use a program called PhoneView. It loads the text 'bubble' of any SMS conversation with anyone and whatever icon or pic you use for that person (and yourself) so it's very easy to follow the conversations on your computer.

3. IrishVixen, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

+1 for PhoneView; it will also make it easy to pull your pictures onto your hard drive, backs up your visual voicemail, and when iTunes suddenly "loses" parts of your music collection completely (yes, it's eaten my files totally at times), you can actually move them back onto your computer from your phone. (iTunes is useless in this regard.) And you don't need to jailbreak to get any of these features.

PhoneView is Mac-only. There's a Windows program that's very similar that's linked on their site and recommended by them--it's linked on their FAQ page. A friend of mine purchased that one in October when we were trying to figure out how to permanently save a special voicemail from her phone. She's very pleased with it as well, though it is put out by a different company, it has most of the same functionality.

4. lised thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your guys !

5. lised thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply~