iPhone SMS Password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Possédé, May 31, 2008.

1. Possédé macrumors member

Hello,
    I was just wondering if there was a way to put a lock on your SMS application, so before you could access it you would need to type in a password. Is there a jailbroken application that does this?

Thanks.

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

no, theres not. only the screen lock that comes with the iphone

3. Possédé thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your response. I thought since other mobile devices have the option to lock their SMS application, why shouldn't the iPhone. Ahh well.

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Just wait a few weeks. The 2.0 firmware has parental controls for such a thing.

6. philgilder macrumors 68000

does it?
    this is parental controls:
    [​IMG]
    those apps are either on/off. nothing there to do with sms, and no way to enable passwords

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

My bad, I assumed there were controls for all apps. Turn the app off and you need a password to turn it back on. Not much different, just a 2-step process instead of 1. That screenshot is also not the latest build, so maybe it's changed?

8. philgilder macrumors 68000

maybe so, we shall see in a week or two

9. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Yes, there is. You'll need to JB though. It's an application called 'HidePod' but it shows your password when you launch the app. You'll need to register it to remove it. It pretends to be a calculator, even with the option to switch this app with the original calc. Enter your p/w in the calc, and you can access apps you hid.

10. Taassy macrumors newbie

Iphone for locking messages, contact list etc,

Hi their EVERYONE, Yes you can lock your apps which ever you want too, but if your iphone is Jailbroken and you have to download Lockdown pro , so that does the Magic and would let you lock any app as you want, once you have installed the app through cydia then you have to go on to your main screen home page and click on settings and their would be an app their which you have to click and then you can do it from their Hope this has helped you, If need more help get back to me :)

Take care All ;)

11. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Just so you know this thread was 3 years old....

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Still informative. If somebody finds the thread using Google, they at least have an updated answer.

13. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Agreed, I just searched this on google and it came up.

I know I can do it with jail breaking, but there isn't one for the 4S/iOS5 yet, so it kind of sucks that Apple would not have given this option.