iPhone Software- 3 Things

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeshell383, May 19, 2010.

1. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

3 Things for iPhone Software....

Change the on/off toggle switch for vibrate to a menu that includes: on, vibrate-then-ring, ring-then-vibrate, and off. To be more specific: ring and vibrate, vibrate-then-ring, ring-then-vibrate, ring only.

Add the ability to remove individual recent call sets without clearing all recent calls.

Add repeat alerts option for missed calls.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What's the OP trying to say with this thread?? I don't really understand some of the "things" he wants.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Aggie, several phones do what the op is asking and tbh there nice features to have.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

+1...but I wouldn't want to give up the mute switch.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The ability to change what the mute swich does would be nice.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I said 2 was nice to have, didn't I?? :confused:

I don't understand 1 though. I also don't really know why you need to be re-alerted to a call you ignored. I came from a pretty dumb phone to the iPhone. Shoot me! :)

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Some phones will vibrate and then ring. Or even have escalating rings. Allows you to answer without bothering ppl but it gets your attention if you miss it while it's quiet.

If I miss a call while the phone is in another room, it would be nice to have an alert of some sort letting me know when I return. I shouldn't have to constantly be picking up my phone to check for missed calls.

8. mrochester macrumors 65816

For point 1, you may want to be able to catch a call before it switches to playing the ringtone, i.e., in the first instance, you want it to remain silent, but if you miss that, for it to then ring.

The OP wants to be re-alerted to a call they missed, not a call they ignored.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, my phone is permanently implanted on me, so that's why I'd never think of that. :) I never leave it somewhere.

Anyway, I would think it would be fairly easy for Apple to add this. Obviously Steve doesn't think we need it or he's waiting to add it as a new "feature." :)

10. mrochester macrumors 65816

I'd say if they were going for a missed call indicator, they may as well just stick something on there that indicates missed calls, texts, whatever.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They already have that...the badges, but you're probably talking about the little light on the BB, right? For some reason, a bunch of Apple aficionados on here don't like that.

12. mrochester macrumors 65816

I think anything to be able to see you have a missed call/text/whatever, without turning the device on, would be good.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A light, a tone, some combination of both... Would be a nice convenience for me.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I agree. I can't explain them. They pretty much seem to think the iPhone is perfect as is, and when someone tries to suggest a change they shoot it down.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

My old Motorola V600 that I had in early 2004 had the vibrate-then-ring feature as well as repeated alerts for missed calls. The latter came in handy when, say, I missed a call due to being in the shower or something, and the former was nice for when I had the phone in my purse. If I was sitting somewhere quiet, I could hear the vibrate and answer or silence the phone before it rang, and if I was out and about where it was noisier, the ring would still be audible. It was just nice not to have to switch back and forth between all and nothing in terms of sound profiles.

And I would KILL for an LED indicator on an iPhone. It is absolutely the only thing I miss from my BB, but I miss it a lot.

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Apparently Aggie takes his in the shower with him. :p

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The thing is, REAL iPhone lovers won't go more than 10 minutes without using the iPhone for something.

So if you want an LED you're just admiting that you don't love your iPhone very much.

So why should an iPhone non-lover get any input on feature design? That's why posters here don't want an LED.

18. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

While not exactly a hardware based solution... Create a ringtone with 5 seconds of silence at the beginning, and make sure Vibrate is set, even when ringtone is not muted.

...that's what a lot of our customers (http://www.AutoRingtone.com) do.

19. plusonechoi macrumors member

lol, yes people dont love their iphone because they dont bring it with them everywhere including the shower

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If anyone is trying to get me at that time, to hell with them. :)

21. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Doesn't it have the third one already? Well, it does for messages. So if the person leaves a voicemail, you're set. If they don't leave a voicemail, its not that important anyway.

The second should be an option, yes.

The first I don't think you'll ever see on an iPhone.