iPhone software downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BRIANxJAY, Nov 30, 2011.

1. BRIANxJAY macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

Does anyone know how I can downgrade my software from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3? I'm not liking the idea of my phone not being able to turn on without my computer if it does shut off. I am jailbroken.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3, then yes. If not, then you have the option of downgrading to 4.1 but ONLY if you're using a 3GS. It will NOT work on the iPhone 4.

Use the program TinyUmbrella to save your SHSH blobs from BOTH Cydia and your phone.

3. remizart1 macrumors newbie

remizart1

Yeah if u jailbroke it with 4.3.3 and then say... accidently upgraded to 4.3.5 then the SHSH should be saved and thus you can downgrade. Open Cydia and at the top of the Home screen you'll see what SHSH are saved.

TinyUmbrella or iSHSHit will save the SHSH. BTW TinyUmbrella was not able to retrieve all my SHSH but when i used iSHSHit, i could see everything!

Download 4.3.3 firmware onto your computer. Use iTunes and HOLD Option button and click restore in iTunes. Then select the 4.3.3 firmware from your computer and iTunes does the rest!

There are plenty of downgrading YouTube vids so show you step by step!