Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
I am posting this for those who may be interested.

According to Looprumors and unnamed "credible" sources, the promised iPhone software update to version 1.1.1 will occur next Tuesday. They also speculate new widgets including chat, social networking, and location based services will be added to the update.

Here is the link:

http://looprumors.com/article.php?iphone-software-update-tuesday,3763149922

Take with several grains of salt.

nismo

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2007
Apple may use next week's event to showcase the new features of the software which will include an iTunes Wi-Fi Store, and possibly other applications. Early expectations from RBC Capital Market analyst Mike Abramsky indicated that the iPhone update is very likely to include new widgets, peer-to-peer applications (chat, picture messaging, social networking), location-based services, MMS support, home networking and integration with Mac OS X Leopard.

MMS support too yummy.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs

According to Looprumors and unnamed "credible" sources, the promised iPhone software update to version 1.1.1 will occur next Tuesday. They also speculate new widgets including chat, social networking, and location based services will be added to the update.

Here is the link:

anonymous sources #1

I don't trust anyone who either doesn't know or doesn't care that the word "data" is plural.

If they aren't thorough enough to get subject verb agreement correct, maybe they are similarly sloppy with their research and facts.

Yeah fine, people make typos and errors in useage.

That's fine for a messageabord or an IM.

I expect a little more from a place that charges for advertisements and has an air of professional journalism to it.

That post has been up there for almost 7 hours, no excuse at this point.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
Hopefully AppTapp developers will release their updated software (without which I cannot live) shortly afterward!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Yeah fine, people make typos and errors in useage.

That's fine for a messageabord or an IM.

Heh, apparently you make errors too.

Useage should be spelled usage and the obvious second error just looks like you were typing too fast! :)

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
When you start seeing me put advertisements on my posts on here then your editorial criticism might become valid.

Until then, it's just so much carping.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC

Here is the link:

Just another thing...doesn't say it will happen on Tuesday. Just "as soon as Tuesday". So wouldn't market it down in with a marker quite yet.

applehappy

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Sobe, relax, it's a macrumors forum. The point is to discuss macrumors. There is buzz all over that the iphone update will be early next week. Steve Jobs said the update for iphone with wifi itunes store would be out this month. Yet you want to say Looprumors is full of it due to typos or spelling errors? Seems like they are the good money and you are out there bro. :eek:

AlexGFX88

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2007
When you start seeing me put advertisements on my posts on here then your editorial criticism might become valid.

Until then, it's just so much carping.

When you start criticizing spelling and grammar, it should be because you're actually knowledgeable about it.

I think macduke just thought it to be a bit ironic that you, an obviously un-proficient user of English grammar, criticize an article for such a futile flaw.

To summarize: Chill.

Cheers,
Alex

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
iphone update

I just bought an iPhone today. I updated to firmware 1.0.2. iTunes said that it will check again for an update on 9/18/07. I thought it seemed odd, that is not a week, or 30 days or some usual type of software update schedule. Then I remembered the Apple event in London next week.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I just bought an iPhone today. I updated to firmware 1.0.2. iTunes said that it will check again for an update on 9/18/07. I thought it seemed odd, that is not a week, or 30 days or some usual type of software update schedule. Then I remembered the Apple event in London next week.

Mine says the 20th, so obviously it's not pre-set.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
^

The timer (not sure how long it sets for) resets every time it checks for an update,

by hitting the "check for update" button the timer resets.

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
I will flip out if they finally release a damn chat client. It's the only thing I can't stand ( besides the crappy camera )

But oh I've wanted iChat for SO long... please oh please Apple. :(

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
ichat is essentially my #1 request for this phone. mobileChat is almost there in terms of a reliable product, but only apple has the tools to really implement it the right way. live updating buddy list, ensure that it's actually connected etc...

alanisrox69

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2007
When an update is out, that's when threads should be made.

All this "credible unnamed" sources is BS.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
When an update is out, that's when threads should be made.

All this "credible unnamed" sources is BS.

Just like when 9 to 5 predicted the iPod nano, they were so wrong...oh wait, they weren't. Its called "macrumors", not "discussions that have been" or something like that.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just like when 9 to 5 predicted the iPod nano, they were so wrong...oh wait, they weren't. Its called "macrumors", not "discussions that have been" or something like that.

9 to 5 had better sources than....my brothers cousins best friend overheard this guy at an Apple store talking on their iPhone about the next one.

applehappy

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Big ol haters in this room. It's macrumors losers, people who are stoked about the next update come here to gossip, guess, whatever. Uh, look at the name of the thread then move on if you don't care to discuss things until they have actually happened. Better yet, after the update come here and Monday morning Quarterback with your 100% accuracy AFTER the release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.