Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
If i purchased a USA AT&T mobile phone and used the unlocking software and then put my UK sim card in it, once the iPhone UK version is released, is there a way to put the UK software onto the iPhone USA version so its unlocked as it should be?.

Thanks.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
If i purchased a USA AT&T mobile phone and used the unlocking software and then put my UK sim card in it, once the iPhone UK version is released, is there a way to put the UK software onto the iPhone USA version so its unlocked as it should be?.

Thanks.

Well hate to point out the obvious but since no one has a iPhone in the UK plus both pieces of software we cant find out! But Im sure there will be some hack to "RESTORE" the iPhone to the english settings instead of american...

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Err. people do have iPhones in the UK. I saw one today in London. The software is available to unlock the iPhone.....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I'd suggest bidding on one with a closing date after Tuesday so that you don't win an auction and then discover the UK one is better, cheaper, easier than expected.

Good advice, but the ensuing thread, had you held your tongue, would have been far more interesting. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.