IPhone Sold Out Locally

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macnificant, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502

There are no more IPhone at the Walden Galleria Mall outside of Buffalo, NY as of Monday night. The store wont give any info on incoming stock. What has the history been with replacing stock? Are they receiving shipment daily, weekly? Any way to find out?
    Cheers

2. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

I am curious about that too. I am betting that the best thing to do, would be to just call 30 minutes after the store opens, and see if they have received any stock. I already have a 3g, but have noticed a defect, and wanna get a replacement.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

With only 4 days since release there is not a lot of history to go on.

4. Macnificant thread starter macrumors 6502

Whats the defect?

5. Macnificant thread starter macrumors 6502

There is alot of history....1st IPhone, Macbooks, IMacs, etc

6. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

the metal and plastic meet unevenly in one corner. Its fairly noticeable.

7. Macnificant thread starter macrumors 6502

8. PAH Mac macrumors member

Yeah, what's the deal? I was clicking through a bunch of different states last night checking availability at apple stores for tuesday and it looks like hardly any stores are supposed to have them. Seems like they have really dropped the ball if they can't even keep up with supply in their own stores.

9. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

somehow i find it impossible, that what it says on the website about availability is accurate.

10. RedInAustin macrumors newbie

It's accurate as of close of business that night. It does not reflect availability during the day the next day, as most stores will get shipments during the day.

11. InTheAir macrumors regular

I started monitoring local stores on Friday night until now (even though I got one on Sat), and definitely see them slowly going out of stock everywhere. Here is this morning's version.

Attached Files:

12. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

thats what i am hoping for. im gonna call, when they open at 10, and then if they are not available then, I'll call around 1230 or so.

13. zigmund555 macrumors member

The website isn't real time, and only reflects what they have at 9 p.m. It does seem to update later on if the store sells more phones after 9 p.m. Its a good idea to check in the morning.

The stores don't know when their shipments are coming in, or if they're going to get any phones. It seems like 3 of the 5 local stores did get shipments yesterday, but they were fairly small shipments.

I tried a few local AT&T stores just to chance it, and none of the ones I called got in any phones yesterday.

So, call the stores between 10-11 a.m. to see if their shipment came in and if they have phones. Be ready to run right over though. They're selling out pretty quickly.

This is just a wild guess here, but it would be reasonable (to me anyway) that if there is supply available in a warehouse somewhere that the supply chain folks at Apple would see all the stores are out of stock and would send larger shipments for Wed or Thurs. Just a guess though.

14. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Fortune Magzine: iPhone 3G sold out in 21 states

"As of 6:00 a.m. EDT Tuesday, all three models (8GB black, 16 GB black or white) of the hot-selling device were sold out in 21 states, according to Jim Neal, a retired PR man living near Kansas City who took the time to check each of Apple’s 188 U.S. retail stores using the company’s iPhone availability widgets."

Definitely sounds like Apple dropped the ball...

15. InTheAir macrumors regular

Sounds like Mr. Retired PR man (sounds like a beer commercial) has too much time on his hands and is also using the same "widget" we are (which might not reflect the actual stock available each morning).

16. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Is there any actual proof that it doesn't reflect the stock in the morning? I mean, that is its entire purpose it to let people know what the stock will be in the morning, not at any other time, which is why it doesn't update until stores close...

17. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

I'm also interested in finding out how often apple restocks. I was at the Apple store in irvine spectrum (southern california) and was informed that they had sold out of all of their units on SUNDAY. however, this morning (tuesday) the website says they have 8GB units available. did they replenish their stocks that quickly?

this information will push me one way of choosing to wait the minimum 1+ hours of activation and waiting time.

18. bry223 macrumors regular

I believe they get daily shipments in. The Rancho Cucamonga store a few nights ago listed the 16gb black out of stock, and last night, they had it in stock. Heading there tomorrow to get my 16gb White.

19. GERGreg427 macrumors member

GERGreg427

You do get to hold the phone before you activate it at the store. look more carefully next time.

20. patrick92260 macrumors member

I went to that apple store yesterday to trade my black 16gb for a white one. They had very few white ones left but a lot of black 8gb and 16gb in stock from what the manager told me.