iPhone, soon after installing 3.0, is dead - please please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ero87, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hi friends,

This is very urgent, any help would be greatly appreciated. I installed 3.0 on my iPhone 3G, it was working fine for 12 hours or so, and then it suddenly froze. It won't unlock, it won't respond to anything. I've tried resetting it dozens of times, and I've restored it to factory settings with no luck. I really need just basic phone functions to work this weekend, and it's an impossible weekend to talk to anyone at the apple store.

If anyone has any advice on how to get my phone back to work, please help. Thanks so much.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

I've restored it that way, with no luck. Thanks for your idea though.

Any other suggestions?

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Can I get a cheapo phone somewhere and put my SIM Card in it until Apple Stores will let me make an appointment? Does that work?

5. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'm fairly positive that you can pop your SIM card into another phone to use for the time being. Best of luck getting all of that sorted out.

6. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Thanks! SIM Card is currently working fine in another phone, and I'm headed to the apple store in a few days.