ipHone Sound... sometimes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carfac, Jan 8, 2010.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I have an older (V1) ipHone, so out of warranty now. The phone rings- I hear that.... but no audio from the speaker for video or music. I also seem to keep getting this "Not made for use with ipHone" screen where you have to press No to keep it working. Do not know if its related. Any idea how to get my sound back?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

For the "Not made for use with iPhone," either you got water damage or your dock connector is dirty. Try using a small paint brush to clean it. The sound could be from a lot of things, including water damage.

3. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

I cleaned out the connector... no difference. Cannot think of any obvious water damage... certainly no falls into sinks, pools or (gasp!) toilets. Incidental water damage (working in light rain or high humidity) is possible, but never noticed- how sensitive is this?. Dot at bottom of earpiece is fully white...

So, is it reversible or fixable? if it is some sort of exposure to water, should I do anything? Other than the audio, there is no other problem.....

4. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

Weird. It is faint, but I am getting some sound now from videos... ring tone is loud, though...

5. amitsnv macrumors newbie

If you are getting this error continuouly then its the error of Jack only. It may happen due to humidity etc.

Try to use any other sound like any other song etc.

If it doesn't solve your problem try restoring factory setting.

Hope it helps.

6. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

All help is good- and appreciated- so thank you!

Through ear pieces, all is good.
    Through speaker, video and music were GONE, but now there at about 1/2 normal. Ring tones, clicks for keyboard etc are all there, and always have been...

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There is a water indicator in the headphone jack and the dock connector (both supposed to be white). They're hard to see, but if you see pink or red, then you have water damage.