iPhone sound?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by papa792, Jul 11, 2009.

1. papa792 macrumors member

My iPhone 3gs is have problems. I have the sound all the way up and it still does not ring when I get a text message. When I lock the screen there is nO sound. When I touch the keyboard there is no sound. When I restart my iPhone it works again.

2. iLoveiPhone3GS macrumors member

Hmm, might sounds silly, but is the ring/vib switch set to ring? haha. I know, silly. But I had a lady come into the store when I worked for apple with the same problem, and that was the solution. I'd go ahead and give your phone a goos restore if thats not the problem. If the restore doesn't solve anything, make an appt. with your local apple store.

3. bronwencavallo macrumors newbie

My iPhone is driving me nuts!!!!! Is the new one any better?

I have the same problem, but it appears to be worsening over time. Now, although I reset it and it seems to have sound again, after about 2 words SMS or 20secs phone time, the sound cuts out again. I have put the headphones in & out several times, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Toggling the mute switch never works. I have reset the iphone several times and taken off all photos, music and other applications that I don't need for phoning , mail or contacts. I never use headphones,(except when trying to get the sound again!!!) so I can't see how they would be implicated, yet the phone constantly switches itself to Ringer(headphones). Out of warranty and driving me nuts!!!! Why hasn't Apple done anything about this when so many people seem to be having so much trouble? Usually a dyed-in-the-wool mac user, but feeling very frustrated!!!!!!!!

I know its an old problem, but are there any new suggestions out there?