iPhone sounds just stopped working, but music plays?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OrangeDog, Dec 1, 2008.

1. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

My new 3g iPhone has just stopped making keyboard sounds, game sounds, if someone rings there is no sound etc, but it will still play a song through the speaker.

OMG What's happened?

2. FilipH macrumors member

Ive got the same problem. All out of the sudden (it didn't fall or something like that), my iphone 3G (it's not unlocked or anything) just stopped making sound during a telephone conversation.

It plays music, it rings, it play games , all the sound you want.

But when someone calls i get nothing. No sound at all, and when i try to call someone also no sound whatsoever.

3 complete resets and nothing changed ...

Wtf??

3. DuFFy macrumors regular

try messing with pluggin the headphones in and out, see if that helps. I have the original iPhone and mine does that sorta stuff sometimes, i just have to plug my headphones in and unplug them again. I dunno if that you're problem but its worth a shot...

4. OrangeDog thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel like a fool :(

I put on a new cover this morning and I must have bumped the vibrate/silent button somehow.....at least I now know what that button does :)

Wow......I felt sick :( I'm glad that was all it was!

5. FilipH macrumors member

Mine is going back to the shop! Nothing seems to help. reboot. resets. restore. unplugging . blowing wind , etc.