iPhone Speaker Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sudaddy, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Sudaddy macrumors member

Is it just me or do others also think that iPhone's speakers are really terrible, especially the speaker phone and really needs a hardware upgrade for iPhone 5?

With my old BlackBerry, the speaker phone was really powerful - I used it all the time. But with the iPhone the speaker phone is pretty much non-existent. I have to hold it next to my ear to hear, and also for the other person to hear me.

Do others have the same issue?

I am pretty sure they might do some hardware tweaks for iPhone 5, but can they please put a little more powerful speaker in that thing? Not asking for much here.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The speakerphone on my phone works fine, in fact I have to turn it down, because it is too loud. You do know that the speakerphone has separate volume controls, dont you?:D

3. Sudaddy thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but the speakers on my iPhone suck. They could use some more power.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't use speakerphone very often, but when I do, I haven't had any problems hearing it.

5. Reefbone macrumors regular

While I don't have anything to compair it too I would agree that it isn't very good. The sound isn't very clear and it is a bit quiet. I always thought the speaker was a under powered myself. ( 3G and 4)

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Could it be just your phone? As I said, mine has more than enough volume, and I have to keep it turned down. I just checked my wife's phone, and it is also loud when turned up. Maybe have Apple check it out....

7. Norouzi macrumors 6502

Personally the speaker phone works fine for me, and I'm happy with the speakers in general. I just used the speaker phone calling my father last night so I could finish up a little work while I talked. He didn't even know he was on speaker and I could hear him fine.
    I love that the speaker are on the bottom, my old Droid Eris had the speaker on on back of the phone, meaning I couldn't set the phone on it's back while using the speaker phone. Made the speaker phone on that pretty useless.