iPhone speaker question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCheese, Jun 23, 2009.

1. iCheese macrumors regular

Is it possible to blow out an iPhone speaker if you play music at max volume? I don't know much about how speakers work. Is it possible for the speaker to degrade over time if you constantly play music at max volume?

Do the designers keep all this in mind when setting the max possible speaker volume?

2. TehBest macrumors member

Well, the iphone only has one speaker, so if you blew it out youd know it. Ive never had any problems with my speaker in any of the numerous iphones ive owned (2G, 3G + replacements, 3GS) whether it was playing music or videos. I imagine that if your speaker were to ever blow out, it would be covered under the warranty and would be easily replaced by apple

3. iCheese thread starter macrumors regular

cool, thanks. I realize that it only has one speaker, so it would be quite obvious, and I know that it should be covered under the warranty :D

I guess I was asking more about whether overall speaker quality could degrade over time, or I suppose a complete blowout, from playing stuff at max volume.

I know nothing about speakers, and how they are implemented along with max performance when being put into a device design.