iPhone Speaker/Sound VERY LOW?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Djmx, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Djmx macrumors 6502

hey is it just mine or does the speaker on the iphone and when u play music really low. Yes, i did turn it all the way..? please let me know asap. if so is there gonna be a hack or a fix for it cuz THE SPEAKER is very low!!!

2. z400central macrumors regular

Mine is low as well. Listening to voice mail on speaker is useless.

3. 103734 Guest

its a little low but still pretty loud for a phone.

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

well this can easily be fixed in a software update. i hope they do. mine is a little low.

5. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so.. cuz that really sux. i wonder when they'll do software update in the next few days.. next month...?

6. jamoses66 macrumors newbie

I think he might mean the external speaker. Mine is DOA I fear...I cant hear it at all when it rings but when I go to demo ring tones, turn the volume all the way up I can hear only the most faint sound trying to play out of my speakers...dissapointing, but I've got a genius bar appt bright and early.

7. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome! cna u please let me know update me on the news... please!

8. Smoke19 macrumors member

The speaker volume sucks? I had high hopes for that because I like the speaker phone feature. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough along with other bugs.

9. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

I know this may sound crazy but it got me for a bit also. Don't even partially cover the speakers with your hand. It causes a significant volume drop.

10. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Mine is low on voice mail messages too. It's actually really loud when playing certain YouTube videos though so I know it's capable of loud volumes. I'm sure this can be fixed with a software update. Play the Here It Goes Again music video by O.K. GO on GooTube and you'll see. It actually plays so loud that it sounds like crap! Good news is that music with Apple's earphones sounds fantastic!

11. fourhand2 macrumors newbie

this may sound obvious, but have you guys tried turning up the volume with the button on the left side? i thought mine was abnormally soft too, but it was because the volume was only about a fourth of the way turned up.

12. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, mine is all the way up and the speaker when i'm talking to someone and the voicemail and youtube is low.. youtube is a lil better but still LOW... they better fix this issue.. it's important..

13. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Heh, Apple's iPhone team is certainly working overtime. I'll bet money they are working as we speak and will have employees at the Apple Campus working 24/7 for the next couple of weeks on all the software fixes. I can't tell you how many things I'd like changed or added on the iPhone in terms of software. But I know they will get around to all of them eventually so I just sit back, relax, and enjoy what features the iPhone does have in present time. All I can say is that I'm apprecative of what the iPhone has given me feature-wise as opposed to my RAZR. :)

14. z400central macrumors regular

Just found this out, lol.

WHOOPS! :rolleyes: :D

15. Pillows macrumors newbie

Having the same problem with the speaker on only 1 of the 2 phones we got yesterday. Mine seems to be working just fine, but the speaker on my wife's phone is barely audible. Checked all the settings, made sure the volume was up all the way.

I'm also having trouble getting her phone onto our wifi network, while mine is up and running on the same network. I've entered both MAC addresses into our router, so they should both be recognized.

I'm hoping it's a simple software issue, but the fact that one of them works and the other doesn't has me a bit concerned.

Crossing fingers.

EDIT: wifi now working on both phones. I'm not gonna question it for now. But speaker still not working on the wife's phone.

16. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Found this out too...very weird.

17. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm hoping this can be fixed with firmware. It's just a tad bit quiet, both the speaker phone and the earpiece volume, when on calls. If they gave us the option to raise the volume by another 50% or so, it would be perfect.

I was testing it all out in real world scenarios, and found the volume thing to be quite true.

18. blindzero macrumors regular

yeah when docked the speaker is low because it is obstructed. kind of a design flaw...needs holes down on the dock for sound to pass through. can't believe someone didn't catch this since they advertised it as speakerphone while on dock. ouch.

i don't have any other sound issues though. speakerphone is good when off dock.

19. Lazernet macrumors member

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but the dock does have little holes where the speaker/mic is located and ports directed towards the front/down to optimize the speakerphone while docked. I noticed this while staring at my phone during my 22 hour activation...

- Eric

20. blindzero macrumors regular

nevermind...my speakerphone is low regardless..e.verything else sounds great.

21. Macuser93271 macrumors newbie

Only the left speaker working

There are two speakers on the bottom of the iphone. Why does only the left work? Mine and my wife's are the same. Is the right one a mic?

22. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yes the one is a mic.

23. Insatiable macrumors member

Both my iphone and my wife's have very low speaker volume. I look forward to this being adressed.

24. chiefillini macrumors regular

25. halfpintkiwi, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

halfpintkiwi macrumors newbie

Sound on iphone4

Why is the iphone4 sound so quite how can I fix this,a little boy walking past also with a iphone4 sounds were load what is it we have to do