iPhone speaker;

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by helloimD4NNY, Sep 25, 2009.

1. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

Setting aside the whole MMS thing. Who else is annoyed by the placement of the iPhones speaker(bottom left). I find whenever I text or do something involving sound and phone being in landscape my hand covers up the speaker therefor making it silent.
    Ex. Texting; when I text in landscape mode my hand covers up the speaker therefor silencing the click sounds.

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

I am kind of annoyed by it as well.

At least the camera lens isn't right were your fingers are, like on the new iPod Nano.

3. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I don't even use the clicking sounds. It defeats the purpose of a virtual keyboard

and no, I'm not bothered by the speaker placement. where else could it be placed?

the answer to that riddle is nowhere

4. Resist macrumors 68030

How it the world does the keyboard clicking sounds defeat the purpose of a virtual keyboard? It serves a purpose, to let you know you are actually tapping the key.

5. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I have a virtual keyboard because I don't like the sound of clicking keys. It makes it kinda hard to text in class if the teacher can hear every key I touch

6. helloimD4NNY thread starter macrumors regular

Actually they could switch the placement of the mic and speaker. My hand never covers the mic when i'm texting.

hey bro, theres a silent switch in the top left hand corner of your phone.

7. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

1) turn the phone the other way and talk to me

2) ya. that's what I'm talking about. I don't use the click because I have it on silent

8. lollicup macrumors regular

[​IMG]
    I'm in complete awe how something as simple as adding MMS to the iPhone can bring out so many stupid questions, whining, and moaning on this forum