iPhone speaker's no sound issue: deleted iapd.plist

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MNFL, Jul 9, 2012.

1. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

HeyGuys,

so I was one of those who encountered the problem of speakers producing no sound and volume bar disappearing, unless headphones are connected. this was because the iphone thinks an accessory is connected, whereas non is. knowing that alarm sounds still work perfectly.
    I researched for almost 2 days and finally went with the solution of deleting the file /system/library/launchdaemons/com.apple.iapd.plist
    this basically disabled all accessories on the iPhone, as previously it used to think an accessory is connected, and thus would give no sound.
    and thought I'll back this file up before deleting it so I'd copy it back in again when I need to use an accessory.

today, I needed to use my tv-out cable. but it seems that copying the deleted file back in doesn't change anything back to how it was....

anybody got any experience in what should be done here please :)
    (non Restoring solutions if possible)

thanks in advance
    mnfl

2. shmully macrumors newbie

Did you ever solve this?

I too have had this issue - any solutions other than restoring?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My speaker just stopped working last week.
    It was a hardware issue so I brought it to the Apple store and they replaced the bottom speaker. Now I have sound.
    I removed all my JB items and stuck cydia inside a folder in the last page so they didn't see it. I didn't have to restore it so I didn't lose my JB.
    I'm a happy camper:D