iPhone Speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GoCubsGo, Jun 12, 2008.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Right now I'm still using my 60gb iPod (5th gen) at work with my InMotion IM3 speakers. My iPhone can be used but in order to reduce or stop the interference with the speakers I have to turn the phone on airplane mode.

Are there speakers out there designed for the iPhone, gives a little room on the dock to allow for most cases to stay on (I have the Griffin reflect case), and doesn't cause any speaker interference...or at least reduces it to a minimum? It's bothersome at work to the people around me, not to mention it does bother me to a certain degree. I'd like not to have to turn my phone on airplane mode just to listen to music.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The Griffin Amplifi has plenty of room for an iPhone in a case, but you do have to use airplane mode. :(

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

See that's what I don't get. If they're specific to the iPhone then there should be a way to use speakers and not have to use it in airplane mode to avoid interference. Frustrating. :(

4. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

there are a number of iPhone-specific speakers out there now from Altec Lansing (the T612), JBL (the On-Stage IIIp and 200iD), iHome, and more, that are not susceptible to the interference (i.e. you don't need to put the phone into Airplane Mode). They're appropriately shielded. Unfortunately, I don't think any of these will allow you to dock an encased iPhone; they can only accommodate the phone naked.