iPhone speech translator!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rubdom, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rubdom macrumors member

2. Maverickster macrumors regular

3. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Hmmm... I must remain skeptical.

If this is really true, this will become eventually far bigger than Rosetta Stone who's 1st quarter revenue reached over $50mil this year.

The beta app supposedly have the best voice recognition program in the world to begin with....

4. return7 macrumors 6502

just saw this on gizmodo, pretty darned cool.

5. infowarfare macrumors 6502

No, not the language of your choice, only English to Arabic or Arabic to English. The company making this app is an Arabic language technology company so this is all they specialize in.

It is still pretty cool for what it is; would be much better if you could choose several other languages (which I'm sure someone will do eventually.)

6. str1f3 macrumors 68000

Not only that but I don't think this will be available for the public. It seems this is used for the soldiers in Iraq/Afganistan and the gov't.

7. rubdom thread starter macrumors member

That sucks! Someone really needs to get on developing something like this.

8. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

You do realize it would take literally, thousands of man-hours to make an app like this, even for just one way translation from one set language to another.

9. joro macrumors 68020

joro

10. Maverickster macrumors regular

Yes, I realize that. I would pay a hefty premium to have this app when traveling abroad.

--Mav

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Don't wait for the translation. Just answer the question!!!!!!

[​IMG]

12. Maverickster macrumors regular

Very funny. I'm guessing very few get the reference without resort to google.

13. aluren macrumors 65816

If Google maps can have 360 degree view of every single street, then I think this translation technology is very much possible! I also won't mind paying quite a bit for it ($50-200).

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

I emailed them see what they say

I have known about the App for about 6 months and yes it was developed for the Military so you could say it's been war tested. but I work in a public School in Dearborn,MI FYI Dearborn has the highest Arabic population in the US so needless to say that app would be handy for me.. So far I haven't heard back I just asked them if there is any plans to release to sell this app to the general public anytime in the future.

15. speechtrans macrumors newbie

Speechtrans Voice Translator for The iphone coming in June

:apple:Check out Speechtrans for real time Voice to Voice tranlsation which works on the iPhone 3G and iPad. It has 95% accuracy! The future is here today go to www.speechtrans.com for the video

16. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

The future must be here today if you revived an almost year-old thread to plug your ****** app.

17. ZenAmateur macrumors newbie

Speechtrans Flash fail

Funny, the page linked above is Flash, and after overriding my ClickToFlash block the page loads but won't respond. And the video won't play. This on my MacPro quad core 2.66 with 7 Gb of RAM and two video cards.

Please, please, please don't ever put Flash on my iPhone!

18. speechtrans macrumors newbie

Did you try firefox? Also, i heard flock is a good browser for Mac's. Thanks for the support by going to speechtrans.com. Posting another video on youtube which does english to spanish and back to english.

Here is the direct link to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxfleRSswo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdqBJqr8Bo
    more videos on www.speechtrans.com

PS flash is not going away anytime soon. :apple:

19. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Pretty arrogant to think people are going install one, maybe two, new browsers just to see a video on your web site. That app better be REAL good.

20. speechtrans macrumors newbie

Speechtrans has 95% accuracy, I think that speaks for itself, the competition is 50-60% at best. Check it out at www.speechtrans.com and see for yourself how it can eliminate language barriers.

21. speechtrans macrumors newbie

Speechtrans is the Best iPhone Speech Translator

Speechtrans.com Product Versions
    1. English to Spanish - Spanish to English
    2. English to French - French to English
    3. English to Italian - Italian to English
    4. English to Russian - Russian to English
    5. English to German - German to English
    6. English to Portuguese - Portuguese to English

Over 200,000 Words in its voice recognition library for each language! Plus Speechtrans is partnered with Nuance the worlds best voice recognition service check them out at www.speechtrans.com its amaizing!

22. jeffers1 macrumors newbie

Speech-to-speech translators

I think we'll see lots of translators recognizing speech and talking it back in another language. There's one called Trippo available now already. Uses Nuance speech recognition (Same as Dragon dictation) and has at least a dozen of text-to-speech voices.

Works fine for Spanish and French, can't tell too much about all the other languages (really a lot of them...).

They offer partial free trial where you can try for free everything else except speech recognition.

23. speechtrans macrumors newbie