Iphone spinning out of control

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nebo1ss, Jun 22, 2010.

1. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

My Iphone was previously jailbroken with Spirit and I unlocked it successfully yesterday with UltrasnOw. I had the same issue others have mentioned where Cydia showed an Ultrasn0w update outstanding which I ignored. I have been using T-Mobile since the Unlock. Today i saw that there were three updates outstanding on Cydia 1. was the Ultrasn0w 2. was mobilesubstrate and 3. was mobile terminal. I decided to do the update for mobilesubstrate and mobile terminal one at a time. The mobilesubstrate update showed completed but left the phone spinning out of control where i could not recover.
    The only way I could get out of it was to put it in DFU mode and restore. Fortunately i have my SHSH blobs saved and was able to restore to 3.1.3 and 5.12.1 which I am now in the process of JB and unlocking again. I will be in no hurry to take any more updates from Cydia.
    Put this out there so others may be careful if they see mobile substrate updates outstanding.

2. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Having the same problem with that mobile substrate update on a spirit JB 3GS 3.1.3. This is the second time I'd tried it, I had other updates queued so it was only this time I realized exactly which update is killing it. Stays on restart springboard forever. However, I've gotten out of it twice now (obviously I won't be trying a third time) by holding down home/power to shut it down, then starting back up. It seems like it's hanging on the apple logo, but eventually will boot up. No restore needed.

As I said, 3GS 3.1.3, spirit only and no unlocks ever attempted. I don't have much installed but mywi, categories, and winterboard. I'm assuming that maybe this update is not intended for my config but cydia still thinks I need it.