iPhone-Spotify-EQ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by codydboyce, Apr 17, 2013.

1. codydboyce macrumors newbie

First post!

So I use Spotify exclusively for music on my Mac and my iPhone. I have figured out how to custom-EQ the tunes from my Mac via Soundflower, but I am trying to do the same with Spotify on my phone. The only few equalizer apps I found only work through the iPhone's native music player, and don't have an effect on Spotify. Also, the little triangle-drawing trick to bring up the Spotify EQ does NOT work any longer, since the most recent update.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2, Jailbroken with eVasion

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Whatever music is played through your iphone is only going to sound so-so anyway, so why all the worry about EQing it?

Seems like wasted effort to me . . . but that could just be me.

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I personally don't use an equalizer for spotify on my phone or mac. I believe I heard somewhere that every song that is on spotify has already been equalized...maybe I'm wrong?

4. codydboyce thread starter macrumors newbie

I am an audio engineer so I am extremely picky about how everything sounds. Spotify's mastering (much like iTunes' mastering) is a topic of hot debate within the audio world, as it has been criticized for being of less quality than what you'd hear on a CD or vinyl. So I'm looking to alter it to my own preferences.

And yes, I understand that iPhone's speaker quality is only so-so - but having custom EQ would make it much, much better. That's why I'm on the hunt!

5. Jbwhiting79 macrumors newbie

Any luck with this codydboyce? It'd be nice to have some control!!

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Unless Spotify specifically adds this to their app, it's never going to happen unless there is some app in cydia that hijacks all audio output.

7. zackfletch00 macrumors newbie

There's a new app called SpotEQ out there now. It seems to provide all the functions we're looking for -- it's basically Spotify + a 30-band equalizer.

8. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Thanks for this news.