• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but here goes.

I regularly stream Spotify on my iPhone 11 and "cast" it to my Google Home speaker. I get about 15 minutes in, and my phone disconnects from the Google Home speaker and I have to reconnect again.

Do you think this is an issue with my iPhone, Spotify, or my Google Home? There's nothing wrong with my Wifi ... I get good Wifi where I am. And my place is small, so it's not like I'm far away from the modem.

Would just be nice to know which of these is the culprit - the cause of losing the connection between Spotify & Google Home when casting. Maybe it's a combination of all three?

Thanks

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I don’t know where your problem is, but I just streamed my Spotify on my Google home hub through my iPhone 11 for 30 minutes, then I stopped the music.

Comment

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Anyone have a theory?

When this happens again. Within Spotify on your iPhone, tap the settings icons, then Devices, and Devices Menu. See what device it shows "LISTENING ON".

I used to have an issue where it would switch to another device by itself after a good 3-4 songs. It was a device connected to my TV, so it didn't have speakers and I wouldn't notice the music playing from it unless my TV was on and on the right input. Wasn't until I looked at the devices menu list that I realized what was going on. I simply forgot (deleted) the device, and added it again, and the problem went away.

Comment

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Just Spotify .... I don't have this issue with Pandora for some reason
[automerge]1584749498[/automerge]
When this happens again. Within Spotify on your iPhone, tap the settings icons, then Devices, and Devices Menu. See what device it shows "LISTENING ON".

I used to have an issue where it would switch to another device by itself after a good 3-4 songs. It was a device connected to my TV, so it didn't have speakers and I wouldn't notice the music playing from it unless my TV was on and on the right input. Wasn't until I looked at the devices menu list that I realized what was going on. I simply forgot (deleted) the device, and added it again, and the problem went away.

Great, thanks ... I'll look at this next time

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.