iPhone spotlight problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Watabou, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Hey guys. I have this really weird repeating problem that is quite annoying.

If I go to spotlight and begin to type, sometimes my iPhone thinks I'm in landscape. I took some screenshots of it.

I tried restarting the phone and the problem seems to go away but comes back later. I even tried restoring a few times but the problem still comes back after a while.

How do I make this go away or is this a bug? Is anyone else seeing this or am i the only one?

EDIT: Okay so I just did a fresh restore and now the problem is worse. I think I may have angered it. :eek:
    Now the letters are in all weird places.

Attached Files:

2. MicroApple macrumors regular

Holy Crap! That is wierd I'm gonna check my iPhone 4 and get back to you (I never use spotlight but I'll be back in a min.)

Edit: Just tried spotlight and no I don't have that problem. Now the wierd thing is it is a software problem. Some how the code is running horribly wrong but after restoring I don't know how that happened...

Take it to a Genius bar and show them that, that is crazy, also try removing the portait lock you have maybe that is causing some issue for some wierd reason.

3. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

I tried removing the potrait lock but the problem still comes back.

So I tried to restore and set it up as a new iPhone. So far, the problem hasn't shown up. *cross fingers*

But, I have a question. Can I somehow move all of my sms texts from one backup to the new one I have or is that not possible?

4. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

It's possible to extract the sms database from your old backup (if you've saved it) and inject it into the a backup using iBackupBot (Windows). You can then restore the modified new backup to your iPhone.

It's fiddly, but do-able.

5. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Cool thanks. Kinda sucks that it's windows only but I'm glad I didn't delete my VM now.