iPhone spy cam app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hierobryan, Jul 19, 2009.

1. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I'd like to secretly video tape naughty things with my iPhone, stuff like people changing/sexing, my grandma's psycho rantings, titties, etc. I want the video app to run while the screen is off and I want the ability to lock the phone while it's recording so that if someone picks it up they won't know it's recording. Does such an app exist? If not, would Apple even approve an app like this? Apple showed off this ability on their 3GS commerical. False advertising?

2. pintnight macrumors 6502

Jailbreak, install backgrounder, install cycorder, run cycorder, hold home button down to put cycorder in background. You can now record in stealth mode.

3. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guy! You're a smart one. Will Cycorder run at 30fps on my 3GS?

4. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Cycorder doesn't run on the 3GS, though it will be updated eventually. You can probably just start recording in the camera & use backgrounder to push it to the background.

5. feedmeister macrumors member

Haha, it doesn't work like that.:p

6. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just tried both suggested methods, and both don't work :( Cycorder doesn't even open on my 3GS and the Camera app stops recording when I enable backgrounding.

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Cant you just open your camera, hit record and hit the sleep button?

8. hierobryan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't work.

9. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Haha sorry, I don't have a 3GS (gunna wait until next years iPhone to upgrade). I was just snowballing goin from what I learned since the 1.1.2 days to now lol.

EDIT: And for those of you with a 2G/3G, if you do background Cycorder & they unlock the phone there is a badge over the Cycorder icon that says "REC" lol. Not great for secrecy, you can delete it thru SSH.