iPhone SSD?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kage207, May 11, 2009.

1. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Okay, I'm not here asking what's the next bump of storage for the iPhone but to ask how big is your iPhone (8GB or 16GB) and how much do you use of it? The reason being is to see if 32GB is actually worth it.

For me:
    iPhone SSD: 8GB
    Available: 195MB
    Songs: 1462
    Photos: 161 (Not sure how much space this takes up though, lol)

Anyways, would you guys actually use the bigger SSD if they came out with a 32GB? I know I have about 7GB of music. But it will be growing of course. So I think I'm just gonna bump up to the 16GB and it'll last me 2 years hopefully. Though, not upgrading until November. lol

2. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i would love a 32 gb!! my itunes library is 20.23 gb's. so yes, i'd love to be able to fit all of my music in to my phone, rather than carrying just a couple playlists at a time. plus i'd have room for more apps!!

3. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Iphone: 16gb
    Music in iTunes: 60gb
    Music on iPhone: 10gb
    Apps: 1gb
    Room for video: about 3.5gb

I would love to have more room but I figured out that I there is no possible way to listen to everything I have in one month so I don't need it on the iPhone anyway. I have all my favorite stuff and more.

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Iphone: 8gb
    Music on computer: 113 gb
    Music on iPhone: 2gb
    Apps: unknown
    Room for video: about 3.6 gb

I have way too much music, most of it i'll never listen to ever again :/

5. xtwentyseven macrumors member

I actually got the 32GB Touch, but was reluctant, because I have about 30GB's of music. Now I actually prefer not having all of my music on it. It forced me to not carry around some of the stuff I never feel like listening to anyway. Apple knew what they were doing with the Touch, because now I'm hooked, and as soon as a 32GB iPhone is available with a better phone plan (I'm currently on a family plan with 1,000 minutes and AT&T only has 700 or 1400) I'll be picking one up.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I first bought an 8gb model last december and then suddenly saw myself filling it up with a small subset of music from my iTunes, moving from a 160gb Ipod classic was tough. I quickly upgraded to the 16gb. My point is that it makes too much sense to bump up the storage, to at least 32, perhaps they'll have a 32 and a 64gb version.